AVC COMMUNICATIONS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
If you would like to contact us about employment opportunities, you can write us at AVC Communications, 4988 Skyline Drive, Cambridge, OH 43725 or
e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Website Developer (AVC Technical Services)
Website Developer using WordPress, HTML, CSS and other standard software & systems to develop client websites. You will be working on a small development team; This position is responsible for overseeing and producing aesthetically pleasing web pages using provided design assets, supplementing the designs provided with appropriate coding of responsive behavior, structured data, and thoughtful CSS. You will have to communicate with the client directly and be able to see a project through from the beginning to the end. Basic writing and Photoshop skills a must.
- Programming, developing, website coding, and producing data-driven web applications and websites using WordPress, CSS, HTML
- Consulting and communicating with the project manager and client
- Debugging and problem solving across a variety of platforms
- Ability to effectively launch websites on various hosting platforms
- Above average organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects
- 2 years website development experience or equivalent education
- Solid project-level experience with WordPress, HTML, CSS
- Strong knowledge of database and WordPress backend troubleshooting
- Adobe Photoshop and or Suite experience
- Customer service skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Web Design experience a PLUS
- Excellent communication skills
- Effectively multi-task and prioritize, ability to work independently
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret third-party documentation
- Attention to detail
- SEO knowledge and experience
- Ability to work well individually and on a team – multiple projects
- Take direction well, but also able to make decisions and take initiative
- Up-to-date on the latest web technologies
- Professional, dependable, solid work ethic, detail-oriented, dedication to quality, self-motivated
- Must have great customer services and people skills.
- Must be able to work in a group or team environment.
Technical or Associates Degree or greater
Please send resume with cover letter and references to Justin@avctechnicalservices.com
Morning News Anchor/Reporter (Full-Time)
AVC Communications Multimedia Group is looking for a tenacious, self-motivated anchor/reporter to be a driving force behind the AVC News team. This person would be responsible for writing, producing and broadcasting morning newscasts. Monday-through-Friday, on AVC’s six radio stations, maintaining the news section of YourRadioPlace.com and social media outlets during shifts and reporting on assigned beats – such as school board or village council meetings – throughout each month.
A successful candidate for this position has a strong news sense, can meet unwavering, minute-by-minute deadlines and is committed to earnest, unbiased news coverage. The job often requires a one-man-band approach to reporting/broadcasting, so the ability to multi-task is an absolute must.
Previous news experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism (or similar field) is required. Radio broadcasting experience is strongly preferred, as are the following skills/experience:
– Experience with radio broadcasting equipment, especially in a news environment.
– Familiarity with Adobe Audition or similar waveform audio editing software.
– Knowledge of/willingness to learn light web editing, Facebook and other social media outlets.
– Strong grasp of news writing, particularly in the Associated Press format.
Pay is commensurate with experience. The hard-working news anchor/reporter has the potential to advance to the news director position.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail them to AVC Communications, 4988 Skyline Dr., Cambridge, OH 43725. Writing and broadcasting samples are preferred, and candidates will be tested on these skills in a newsroom environment during interviews.
Applications should be submitted before March 31, 2017. Any questions can be directed to News Director Daniel Barnett at the above email address or by calling 740.432.5605 ext. 31.
Start the new year with a new career!
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated Marketing Representative with a strong understanding of Sales, Marketing and Promotions and can generate radio and digital advertising sales. Must be a team player with a good attitude and goal oriented. Attention to detail and excellent communication skills are also a must.
This position involves working with local businesses to promote their brand and increase their sales. This is achieved by (1) developing and maintaining solid client relationships and (2) helping the client to create a comprehensive radio and/or digital advertising campaign. If you are persuasive, persistent and passionate about helping businesses grow their sales and profits, we need to talk with you!
Sales experience is not necessary, but preferred. The hours are typically a normal work week, Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm with select weekend work for special events sponsored by our clients or the Radio Stations.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please email a cover letter, salary requirements and resume for consideration to the general manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for resumes is 5pm March 31st, 2017.
Job Type: Full-time, commissioned or salary/commission
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required license or certification: Driver’s License
Experience in the following industries: radio, digital, marketing advertising is a plus.
– Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plan Options
– Paid Vacation Time
– Competitive Holiday Schedule
Key Responsibilities include:
– Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue goals for on-air and digital advertising and events
– Cultivate new business efforts to grow spot and non-spot revenue
– Understanding client marketing needs and objectives
– Ensure on-time payment of all accounts
– Provide excellent customer service to existing clients to maintain and develop business relationships
AVC COMMUNICATIONS MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.